I'm sure most of you know that October is National Breast Cancer awareness month. Pink, pink, pink everywhere. Some of us though, deal with this devastating disease every single day. Some are actively fighting their battle with cancer, some are survivors, and some of us are the mammographers that do your mammograms every year.
I have been involved with mammography since 1989. My career as a radiologic technologist has been extremely rewarding in many ways. I have made many dear friends through the years, and have celebrated with those that have conquered the disease and mourned the passing of those less fortunate. I could go on and on about this, but that's not why I am here!
As a runner, I know how important it is to have time to rest between workouts and races. Since I have been working with Skechers, I have been blessed to have the perfect running and racing shoes. They feel great, they fit great, and the LOOK great too! I have to say though, working at the hospital has taken it's toll on my legs through the years. Fortunately I have found the most amazing company, that has the most amazing shoes for walking and relaxing!
Let me introduce you to the
Now these shoes aren't the every day walking shoe. The soles are amazingly light, and they do not slip. I wear mine year round in Maine and have no issues in them. Barefoot is fantastic in the GO Walk lineup. No socks needed!! I will include the specs below, but I can't say enough about how comfortable these shoes are. I wear them to work almost every day. I have a grey slip on pair, and a black slip on pair. Because I also do IT work, I have to have something comfortable but yet somewhat business casual looking also. The first time I put my Go Walk 2's they felt like slippers and I didn't want to take them off. I have never in my life had shoes as comfortable as the GW2's!!
One thing that really touched me, was that they are donating funds to the American Cancer Society. All cancer patients can benefit from the research that is being done every day. I just ordered my pair!
For those of you that like to read the Tech-Specs....
Women's Skechers GOwalk 2 Flash - Awareness Walking ShoesNow there's a better footwear choice for walking with the Skechers GOwalk 2 Flash - Awareness. Designed with innovative Skechers Performance technologies and materials specifically for walking. Breast Cancer Awareness edition. Skechers Performance proudly supports the American Cancer Society in the fight against breast cancer.
- V-Stride technology features unique angled outsole that complements a natural walking gait and promotes fluid stride transitions
- Structured breathable mesh at front for cooling comfort
- Engineered Stability Mesh side panels provide lateral support
- Go sockless - Integrated OrthoLite® anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage
- Goga Mat Technology cushioned comfort insole
- Resalyte™ Midsole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
- Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive walking experience
- A multi-directional traction motif helps enhance footing control
- Skechers Performance proudly supports the American Cancer Society in the fight against breast cancer
- This special collection celebrates those who use sports and fitness to lead an active, healthy lifestyle
- Join us in the fight to end breast cancer
- Breast Cancer Awareness special edition
- Heathered soft fabric side panels
- Pink ribbon accent on heel panel
- Athletic styled lightweight synthetic and mesh upper
- Stitching and overlay detail
- Lace up design with bold athletic logo trim
- Soft smooth fabric lining for easy barefoot wear
- Weight: Radically lightweight 6 oz. per
Skechers has given me a pair of the Breast Cancer Awareness Go Walk 2's to share with one my of readers! All I ask you to do is to answer the following question. Please be honest and share your thoughts and feelings.
I will pick a winner in one week, on Friday evening the 24th.
If you were told that you had the power to cure cancer, tell me what your plan would be,
and how you would carry out your plan.
( NOTE: If you sign in anonymously, please leave your email address
so I can contact you, should you win!)